Introducing the Hobbyboss American F-14A “Tomcat” Fighter Static Kit 1:48 Scale (Product Number: 80366)
Embark on a journey through aviation history with the meticulously crafted American F-14A “Tomcat” Fighter model kit by Hobbyboss. Capturing the essence of this iconic aircraft, the static kit at a scale of 1:48 offers a detailed representation of the F-14A’s historical significance and technological evolution.
- Historical Significance: The F-14 Tomcat, a two-seat, twin-engine, variable-sweep wing supersonic fighter, played a pivotal role as the main carrier-based air superiority fighter of the U.S. Navy. It first flew on December 21, 1970, and served as the primary fleet air defense interception and tactical reconnaissance platform from 1976 to 2006.
- Versatile Capabilities: Originally developed to replace the discontinued F-111B, the F-14 absorbed valuable experience from combatting MiG fighters during the Vietnam War. Equipped with the Blue Shield night-time infrared navigation targeting pod, it excelled in low-altitude attack missions.
- USS Enterprise Deployment: The F-14 first served on the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier in 1974, succeeding the F-4 Phantom II fighter jet. The USS Navy accepted 478 F-14As, with an additional 79 delivered to the Kingdom of Iran. Notably, the 80th F-14A built for Iran was later delivered to the U.S. Navy.
- Detailed Parameters:
- Product Number: 80366
- Product Name: American F-14A “Tomcat” Fighter
- Barcode: 6939319203663
- Scale: 1:48
- Model Size: Length – 397.2mm, Wingspan – 233.2mm (MIN.)/407mm (MAX.)
- Total Offset Plates: 22 sprues, upper fuselage, lower fuselage, and tires
- Paint Schemes:
- US NAVY VF-2
- US NAVY VF-32
- Detailed Components:
- Fuselage: Detailed fuselage with an accurate design, omega-shaped canopy with 2-directional slide-molded features.
- Wing: Variable wing sweep, optional position flaps, external loads include AIM-9, AIM-7, AIM-54 missiles, and fuel tanks.
- Interior: Finely detailed cockpit, gear cabin, crew seats with photo-etched seat belts and harnesses.
- Engine: Highly detailed engines for a realistic representation.
- Tire: Grooved rubber tires for added authenticity.
- Publication Date: October 2010
Immerse yourself in the legacy of the American F-14A “Tomcat” with this static kit, meticulously designed to capture its historical and technological significance. Order now and experience the precision of Hobbyboss craftsmanship.
This kit requires paint, glue and finishing supplies to complete.