The end of a revered bloodline, just 36 250 GTOs were produced from 1962 to 1964 and these cars are perhaps the most coveted classics of all time. The GTO moniker is actually a nickname coined by the British press in period, with the ‘O’ referring to ‘omologato’ or ‘homologation’ in English. The GTO was simply known in the factory as Comp.62. Surrounded with intrigue and folklore, none of the 36 cars were identical. The bodies were all hand-beaten in aluminium over a wooden frame at Scaglietti’s workshops but that is where the similarity stopped.
The first 18 cars were supplied with the rear spoiler as a separate component to be retrofitted to the body. Radiator sizing differed between the examples, as did the number of ducts on their bodies and there were various other notable engineering and cosmetic differences.
This model is of car number 19, the 24 Heures Du Le Mans 1962 GT class winner, as driven by Pierre Noblet and Jean Guichet. The pair won the class comfortably and finished on the overall podium to boot. Ferrari continued this winning streak throughout every subsequent round, resulting in Ferrari winning the championship with a maximum score of 45 points.
This fine 1:18 scale model of the Ferrari 250 GTO has been handcrafted and finished in Amalgam workshops with the co-operation and assistance of Ferrari regarding original finishes, materials, archive imagery and drawings. The use of supremely accurate digital scanning of the original car has for perfect recreation of every detail at scale. Furthermore, it has undergone detailed scrutiny by both engineering and design teams to ensure complete accuracy of representation.
Every Amalgam 1:18 scale model is supplied in a luxury black box with a protective outer carrying sleeve. Each model is mounted on a polished black acrylic base protected by a clear acrylic dust cover. The base holds a booklet containing the certificate of authenticity along with information and collateral material about the car. The model title and original branding is displayed on a polished stainless steel plaque mounted at the front end of the base.
The scale of a model is its size as a proportion to the real-life item. For instance, a 1:18 scale model means that every 1 unit of measurement on the model equals 18 units on the real item. If you divide the real item's size by 18, you'd get the size of the 1:18 model. Please note that models can vary slightly in size, as not all real-life items, like cars or planes, have the same dimensions.
- 1:12 scale: ~38 cm or 15 inches
- 1:18 scale: ~25 cm or 10 inches
- 1:24 scale: ~18 cm or 7 inches
- 1:43 scale: ~10 cm or 4 inches
- 1:64 scale: ~7 cm or 2.75 inches
- 1:76 scale: ~6 cm or 2.3 inches
- 1:12 scale: ~75 cm or 29.5 inches
- 1:18 scale: ~50 cm or 19.7 inches
- 1:24 scale: ~38 cm or 15 inches
- 1:43 scale: ~21 cm or 8.3 inches
- 1:64 scale: ~14 cm or 5.5 inches
- 1:76 scale: ~12 cm or 4.7 inches
- 1:6 scale: ~30 cm or 12 inches
- 1:10 scale: ~18 cm or 7 inches
- 1:12 scale: ~15 cm or 6 inches
- HO scale (1:87): ~22 cm or 8.7 inches
- N scale (1:160): ~12 cm or 4.7 inches
- O scale (1:48): ~38 cm or 15 inches
- 1:72 scale: ~20 cm or 7.9 inches
- 1:100 scale: ~14 cm or 5.5 inches
- 1:144 scale: ~10 cm or 3.9 inches
- 1:200 scale: ~7 cm or 2.8 inches
- 1:72 scale: ~40 cm or 15.7 inches
- 1:100 scale: ~28 cm or 11 inches
- 1:144 scale: ~20 cm or 7.9 inches
- 1:200 scale: ~14 cm or 5.5 inches
- 1:144 scale: ~150 cm or 59 inches
- 1:350 scale: ~62 cm or 24.4 inches
- 1:700 scale: ~31 cm or 12.2 inches
- 1:16 scale: ~97 cm or 38.2 inches
- 1:35 scale: ~44 cm or 17.3 inches
- 1:72 scale: ~22 cm or 8.7 inches
- Orders placed before 14:00 (Monday-Friday) are dispatched the same day. After 14:00, they're dispatched the next working day.
- Delays may occur during high order volume. Any significant delays will be communicated via email.
- We ship globally, with specific rates for different zones:
- Delivery confirmation and tracking number provided post-dispatch.
Returns & Refunds:
- 30-day return policy. Items must be unused, in original packaging.
- No returns on hazardous or flammable items.
- Start returns by emailing [email protected]. Do not return to the manufacturer.
- Returns address: Model Universe, 3 Hagley Court North, The Waterfront, Dudley, West Midlands, DY5 1XF, UK.
- Refund processing times vary; contact us if delays occur. Sale items may have different refund terms.
For detailed info on shipping zones, lost/damaged shipments, duties, and our full return policy, click here.