About the Leopard
The Leopard 2 was developed in the 1970s in the former West Germany, and by the time of its more modern A6 variant had received multiple upgrades to boost its offensive and defensive capabilities. While the wedge-shaped additional turret armor and the commander’s panoramic sight were carryovers from the A5 variant, its newer L/55 120mm smoothbore gun was a meter longer than previously for significantly improved muzzle speed and penetration. A6 tanks were deployed from 2001, and were even fielded by other nations such as Greece and Canada, with their own modifications. In January 2023, the German government announced that it would send Leopard 2 A6 tanks to Ukrainian forces.
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 314mm, width: 107mm.
• The refined Leopard 2 A6 form with 120mm smoothbore gun is recreated in style.
• Distinctive turret front and side additional armor is authentically depicted.
• Clear parts are included to recreate headlights and taillights.
• Includes belt type depictions of tracks.
• Decals in this kit include Ukranian flags and the white cross, a symbol historically used in Ukraine as a symbol of victory.