Porsche 911R (1967) ‘Monza’
The 1967 911R marks the beginning of Porsche’s 40 years of ongoing success in GT racing history. Developed by Ferdinand Piëch himself, the 911R used a lightened 911S steel body, fitted with a fibreglass bonnet, doors and bumpers. Additional to that, Piëch and his team decided to replace the heavy glass windows with lighter plastic counterparts and stripped the interior of any unnecessary weight right down to the door hinges, a tradition still applied by Porsche today for their high end performance 911 models. These drastic changes pushed the total weight down to 800 kgs, which makes the 911R the lightest 911 to date.
A total of four prototypes and twenty customer cars were produced by Porsche. Equipped with the Type 901/22 flat six engine from the Carrera 906, or optionally with the four cam Type 901/2, the 911R produced 230 bhp at 8000 rpm.
In 1967 BP Switzerland decided to attempt a world record breaking endurance drive at the banked Autodromo di Monza. A group of Swiss race car drivers, who had raced the Carrera 6 in the previous season had much experience with racing Porsches. They decided to use the 911R, which was using the same engine as the Carrera 6. Shortly after 7:30pm the FIA official dropped the chequered flag. After 48 hours and 20,000 kms the team had achieved success and created a new world record.
This fine 1:18 scale model of the 1967 911R has been handcrafted and finished in Amalgam’s workshops using detailed colour and material specifications, and original CAD data supplied directly from the drawing office of Porsche. Furthermore, it has undergone detailed scrutiny by both engineering and design teams to ensure complete accuracy of representation.
Every Amalgam 1:18 scale model is supplied in a luxury black box with a protective outer carrying sleeve. Each model is mounted on a polished black acrylic base protected by a clear acrylic dust cover. The base holds a booklet containing the certificate of authenticity along with information and collateral material about the car. The model title and original branding is displayed on a polished stainless steel plaque mounted at the front end of the base.
The scale of a model is its size as a proportion to the real-life item. For instance, a 1:18 scale model means that every 1 unit of measurement on the model equals 18 units on the real item. If you divide the real item's size by 18, you'd get the size of the 1:18 model. Please note that models can vary slightly in size, as not all real-life items, like cars or planes, have the same dimensions.
- 1:12 scale: ~38 cm or 15 inches
- 1:18 scale: ~25 cm or 10 inches
- 1:24 scale: ~18 cm or 7 inches
- 1:43 scale: ~10 cm or 4 inches
- 1:64 scale: ~7 cm or 2.75 inches
- 1:76 scale: ~6 cm or 2.3 inches
- 1:12 scale: ~75 cm or 29.5 inches
- 1:18 scale: ~50 cm or 19.7 inches
- 1:24 scale: ~38 cm or 15 inches
- 1:43 scale: ~21 cm or 8.3 inches
- 1:64 scale: ~14 cm or 5.5 inches
- 1:76 scale: ~12 cm or 4.7 inches
- 1:6 scale: ~30 cm or 12 inches
- 1:10 scale: ~18 cm or 7 inches
- 1:12 scale: ~15 cm or 6 inches
- HO scale (1:87): ~22 cm or 8.7 inches
- N scale (1:160): ~12 cm or 4.7 inches
- O scale (1:48): ~38 cm or 15 inches
- 1:72 scale: ~20 cm or 7.9 inches
- 1:100 scale: ~14 cm or 5.5 inches
- 1:144 scale: ~10 cm or 3.9 inches
- 1:200 scale: ~7 cm or 2.8 inches
- 1:72 scale: ~40 cm or 15.7 inches
- 1:100 scale: ~28 cm or 11 inches
- 1:144 scale: ~20 cm or 7.9 inches
- 1:200 scale: ~14 cm or 5.5 inches
- 1:144 scale: ~150 cm or 59 inches
- 1:350 scale: ~62 cm or 24.4 inches
- 1:700 scale: ~31 cm or 12.2 inches
- 1:16 scale: ~97 cm or 38.2 inches
- 1:35 scale: ~44 cm or 17.3 inches
- 1:72 scale: ~22 cm or 8.7 inches
- Orders placed before 14:00 (Monday-Friday) are dispatched the same day. After 14:00, they're dispatched the next working day.
- Delays may occur during high order volume. Any significant delays will be communicated via email.
- We ship globally, with specific rates for different zones:
- Delivery confirmation and tracking number provided post-dispatch.
Returns & Refunds:
- 30-day return policy. Items must be unused, in original packaging.
- No returns on hazardous or flammable items.
- Start returns by emailing [email protected]. Do not return to the manufacturer.
- Returns address: Model Universe, 3 Hagley Court North, The Waterfront, Dudley, West Midlands, DY5 1XF, UK.
- Refund processing times vary; contact us if delays occur. Sale items may have different refund terms.
For detailed info on shipping zones, lost/damaged shipments, duties, and our full return policy, click here.