Tamiya proudly presents the R470 Highline, one of the trucks belonging to Swedish manufacturer Scania’s International Truck of the Year 2005 award-winning R Series. Body features replica-quality realism and the chassis features numerous metal parts for the frame and suspension for an added sense of volume. Assembly of the 3-speed transmission is effortless, and when used with a 4-channel transmitter, it will give fans full control of realistic gear shift operations. Beautifully reproduced cabin tilts forward separately from the fenders, just like the actual truck. The interior and exterior of the fenders themselves have also been accurately modelled for the most realistic look possible. Kit-included coupler enables linkage with any of Tamiya’s currently available 1/14 scale trailers, and the R470 is compatible with a wide range of Tractor Truck Option Parts as well.
Realistic Lights, Sounds, and Vibration with the separately sold MFC Unit:
The separately sold Multi-Function Control Unit (MFC) offers light, sound, and vibration operation to accompany your R/C truck experience. Engine sounds have been digitally recorded from the actual truck, and together with air horn, gear shifting, and many other realistic sounds, give you the feeling that you are driving the real thing! Headlights, brake lights, fog lamp, hazard lights and turn signal operations are also at your fingertips.
4 Types of Separately Available Semi-Trailers
4 types of trailers (semi-trailer, tank-trailer, pole-trailer, and flatbed) are currently available to choose from. Attach any one of them to the Scania R470 to create an exciting combination that is over 1 meter long. Furthermore, the Multi-Function Control Unit (MFC-01) allows realistic low-speed running with semi-trailer attached.
- Length: 452mm, Width: 187mm, Height: 293mm, Weight (without options): Approx. 3.2kg
- Wheelbase: 272mm
- Tread: 156mm (Front), 138mm (Rear)
- Chassis: Aluminum & Polycarbonate Resin Ladder Frame
- Suspension: Front/Rear Leaf Springs
- Caster Angle: 0°/0°(Front/Rear)
- Camber Angle: 0°(Front & Rear)
- Toe Angle: 0°(Front & Rear)
- Dampers: Aluminum Dummy Dampers (Front & Rear)
- Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
- Transmission: 3-gear transmission (gear shifting operated via transmitter)
- Gear Ratio: (1st Gear) 32.49:1, (2nd Gear) 17.76:1, (3rd Gear) 10.66:1
- Diff. Gear: 3-bevel diff
- Motor: Type RS540
- Tire Width: 22mm (Front & Rear)
- Tire Diameter: 83mm (Front & Rear)