Tamiya – 1:12 Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco Gp Model Kit (12054)
The Tyrrell team made their Formula One bow in 1968 using the Matra Ford and quickly achieved excellent results, with a drivers’ championship for Jackie Stewart the next season. From the 11th race of 1970 in Canada, the team debuted the in-house designed 001, which paved the way for the 003 and 002 cars piloted in 1971 by Stewart and Francois Cevert respectively. While a unique integrated front wing and nose with radiator just below caught the eye, the 003 utilized an otherwise orthodox, reliable setup. Stewart achieved 6 wins in 11 races including the Monaco GP, more than enough for that season’s drivers’ and constructors’ titles. Now, the car is immortalized in Tamiya 1/12 scale.
- 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 345mm, width: 170mm, height: 70mm.
- The model realistically captures the T-shaped, flat nose cowling – called “hammer head” – of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP, plus the rounded body panels.
- Steering wheel moves front wheels.
- Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed even after assembly. (Includes stand to put these removed parts)
- Front and rear suspension employs coil springs.
- Exquisite rendering of DFV engine realistically recreates pipes and wiring.
- Photo-etched parts are included to depict radiator, wing end plates, seatbelt buckle parts and more.
- Comes with high-quality Cartograf decals.